Wednesday, November 28, 2007

random thoughts

The other day I saw a PBS special with Johnny Mathis crooning all those oldies but goodies - I'd forgotten how much I like his music. They also showed clips of him on the Andy Williams show, and I'd forgotten about Andy Williams too. Guess I'm showing my age big time, but their music is just so mellow.

Work has been pretty busy lately, which keeps me out of trouble. It was tough getting back to being at work all day and on Monday and Tuesday I was ready to go home by noon. I've been tired, but not terribly tired, so I guess I'm doing OK. I'm starting to enjoy food again, and eating a lot of fresh fruit since juicy things taste really good to me now for some reason. This morning I splurged and had a half caf "Merrimint Mocha" at Java City with whipped cream on top - Boy was it yummy. I'm looking forward to going out to a birthday lunch tomorrow for one of my coworkers and we are having our department "Holiday Celebration" lunch on Friday at Maggiano's. So I should be fattening up quite nicely.

I've been trying to take walks on my lunch break, and I really feel like I ought to go for a swim tonight to loosen up my back and shoulders (which tend to get very tight from work), but I'm so tired/lazy and it's getting dark now and I hate to go back out....excuses, excuses, excuses....we'll see.

I'm loving all the colors on the trees lately - they are so beautiful, especially in the morning when the sun shines through them on the way to work. I suppose I should be trying to get into the "Christmas" spirit, but I just can't seem to get there, even with so many of the radio stations playing only Christmas music now. Humbug : p

No comments: