Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Christmas (AND Thanksgiving) in November

Today was fairly unremarkable except for the big surprise I had waiting for me when I got home from work. There was a GIGANTIC package sitting in the carport, addressed to me. It was from my sister, Jennie, and I, being the proper, patient kind of person that I am (NOT!), proceeded to rip it open with my keys right there and then on the carport : )

It was a super care package filled with all kinds of goodies - Two gorgeous porcelain teacups in their own special satin-lined box, two cd's, a block of fudge, a can of cappucino wafer rolls, a card, and a gorgeous album of pictures from Emily's wedding. The card was so special, with such encouraging words and kindness. My instructions (in the card) were to put on the music, have a cup of hot tea and goodies, and "enjoy remembering your beautiful daughter's wedding day all over again."

Thank you so much, Jennie - you are amazing! I am almost speechless, and grateful to know (and be related) to someone like you. I'm thankful, not so much for the "stuff" (which I know I will enjoy), but for your love, your prayers, your thoughtfulness and your generosity. Hopefully I won't have to call you in the middle of the night (as you have offered), but to know that you really wouldn't mind if I did is invaluable!

And thanks again to all the other special people who enrich my life in big ways and small - I have SO much to give "Thanksgiving" for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO SEE THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!

Andrew said...

ME TOO, ME TOO!!!!!!!!