I think the reason we all love Fridays is the sense of anticipation we have that we're finally allowed to have some fun, free time and endless possibilities, and we've earned it after a long hard week of accomplishments (we hope!). I finally feel close to a normal human being and am reveling in the fact that I have about two more weeks to feel normal till the 15th when I have the 4th and final cycle of the yukky drugs. I just came back from getting another red cell booster shot in my tummy (man, that sucker stings!), and gave into my craving for a Papa John's "Works" pizza (with extra sauce) that I will actually be able to taste with my 2/3-normal taste buds. YAY!!!! I had chocolate cake after lunch today as a treat to myself....there's no stopping my appetite once those buds make themselves known...so there's no chance I'm going to wither away despite cancer and chemo. If I turn into a giant tub of lard, I really don't care at this point, so get ready for some chubby cheeks (and I don't just mean my face - HA!)
I read today that blogging is good for sharing with others and keeping connections, but writing in a journal actually has benefits like boosting your immune system....who knew? The article said that you express more deep thoughts and feelings in a private journal, and that's one of the differences. I can understand that, because I'm guessing other people don't want to be depressed by really honest but really negative feelings - most people don't feel really comfortable sharing or reading things that are too dark to hear...We all want to feel like we are coping and on top of the world.
So, here's to Friday, the weekend, and feelin' good!
No comments:
Post a Comment