I think I'm just about over this cold, which is good since my next chemo is on Thursday. I've enjoyed feeling fairly normal this past week, going out to lunch, and having enough energy to go for a swim and clean up the house. I was listening to music while walking the other day and was singing along with this song from the movie "Oh, Brother, where art thou". It sounds a bit hokey just to read it, but somehow, when it's sung, it's kind of inspiring. I think I'll make it my theme song, because it really DOES help, even when things aren't good, to try and find something good to focus on. I think I'm finally able, and am glad, after all these years, to be able to say that my mindset is shifting from naturally pessimistic to more optimistic regardless of the circumstances.
There’s a dark and a troubled side of life,
But there’s a bright and a sunny side too,
Though you meet with the darkness and strife,
The sunny side you also may view.
Keep on the sunny side,
Always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life,
It will help us every day,
It will brighten all the way,
If we’ll keep on the sunny side of life.
Though the storm and it’s furies rage today,
Crushing hope that we cherish so dear,
The cloud and storm will in time pass away,
And the sun again will shine bright and clear.
Let us greet with the song of hope each day,
Though the moment be cloudy or fair,
And let us trust in our Saviour always,
He’ll keep us every one in his care.
No comments:
Post a Comment