Monday, November 19, 2007

Maintenance mode

Things to be thankful for - a good night's sleep after taking some medicine, less nausea and bad taste this cycle so far, vacation days through Thanksgiving so I don't have to struggle with feeling sick and working at the same time, not catching Rick's cold (yet, I hope!), having a loving hubby who tries to take care of me even when HE's sick, neighbors who come by to visit, and having some videos to watch (when my head doesn't hurt) .

The majority of this past weekend was spent either in bed or on the couch (except for a 10 minute walk outside yesterday). Feels like a truck ran over me, bones aching, exhaustion, headache, feeling like I'm in some kind of alien existence, and an episode of severe intestinal cramping at midnight on Saturday that seemed to last forever -- but was probably only about an hour since I took an antispasmodic and then a pain pill. I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me - that happened in one of the other chemo cycles too.

I'm pretty darn weak from not eating much, but my spirits seem to be pretty good - I think it's because I'm hoping the worst is over, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving with Emily and Andrew, and I'm also looking forward to having Matthew return from Africa next month in time for Christmas. He called this weekend and is doing well. It really won't matter to me what we have to eat or what the house looks like (my housekeeping is lagging even MORE since being sick). It will just be good to be together with family at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're so excited to come cook for you guys - we got a honey-baked ham on the way, and we plan to make sides (any requests are welcome). i think i might attempt an apple rhubarb pie, but if you guys want any turkey, we may have to go to the grocery store or something because i was too scared to plan to undertake a whole turkey in the first year of marriage ;-)

Sandy said...

We still have plenty of turkey, and we don't need a lot of food, so please don't go to a lot of trouble. We can keep it simple...maybe just some potatoes and a vegetable? (and if you REALLY want to make the pie, that's OK too...or we can just get something from the store : ) Love you bunches.

Andrew said...

Gotta have pie. I love pie.