I just got back from seeing a really funny, heartwarming movie with a couple of friends called "Dan in Real Life", starring Steve Carrell. I didn't pick out this movie, but I enjoyed it thoroughly and recommend it to anyone. I know, I know, it sounds like a "chick flick", but I heard a lot of male laughter in the audience too.
I won't say too much more about it, so you'll have to go see it for yourself.
One of my friends that I went out with this evening has a friend who knits brightly colored furry-looking hats (almost looks like a "hair" cap, very cute), and she sent along a couple for me - that was so sweet. And last night I went to dinner with another friend who got me a charm bracelet with heart charms and the Susan Komen breast cancer logo - I love it. People can be so generous and loving -- I am constantly amazed and touched by such kindness.
I'm really enjoying my time of feeling good - I think my red blood cell count must be improving because I've got a lot more energy today than I did just a few days ago. Now I just need to put that energy to good use and clean my messy house and do some laundry - this little social butterfly has chores left undone, but she sure is having a good time : )
2 comments:
HI, Sandy, I really enjoy reading your blog, because not only are you are Really Good Writer with a sense of humor to boot, what you say applies to all of us humans who daily experience sufferings, annoyances, disappointments, hurts, and maybe a few joys too. (mmm chocolate cake).
So thank you for sharing and lifting our hearts, and thanks to Wilson for lifting yours!
Laurie
Thanks, Laurie - I'm glad you enjoy the blog and I'm very grateful for all you do. : )
Post a Comment