It was quiet and peaceful and shady, and I got a good workout while enjoying the scenery and chatting with friends.
It was nice in the shade, but still a rather warm and muggy day, so I cooled off and tried to float down the river, but it was too shallow, and I sort of just got stuck in one spot, caught by rocks and the sea-weedy stuff, despite my efforts to paddle. HA HA - don't laugh too hard. Anyway, the water was cool and refreshing. Even though it looks kinda murky, apparently the water quality is the best it has been in years, and we saw families and kids wading and enjoying the day.
Thankfully, it did not rain at that end of Durham. We found the deluge on the way back home in the car.
2 comments:
aww how fun! i'm jealous! why didn't we get to go!!!
It was very "last minute" - if I'd known you were interested and able to go, I would have LOVED your company!
Post a Comment