Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Whght Id Yjou Shay?

My lower lip and jaw are so numb from Novocaine that I can barely talk, but that's OK because I'm the only one home right now. I had my temporary crowns removed and the permanent ones cemented in this afternoon. I didn't want to have conscious sedation and be knocked out for a day and a night again, so the dentist tried nitrous oxide (N2O), and I got numb...Hallelujah! It's amazing how quickly the oxygen reversed the effects of the N2O, and I walked right out of the office when they were done "playing" in my mouth.

Good thing I had a substantial lunch, too, 'cos I won't be eating for awhile either (unless I want to risk burning myself or chewing my tongue). Oh the joys of modern dentistry! Hark well, all ye who read here (note...language inspired by my daughter's blog about sonnets : ), brush and floss and practice good dental hygiene so you won't have to have these kinds of dental adventures, and so you will be able to munch happily with your own teeth to a ripe old age!

2 comments:

ek said...

ahaha hark well :-P

very funny blog there, numb mommy!

ek said...

3 weeks since your last blog?!?!?