Saturday, March 8, 2008

motivation schmotivation

It's been a long week, what with going to Radiation every day after work. Plus work is busy and stressful. I found out that my boss will be laid off, which is kind of a surprise. She won't be leaving until June. I won't say too much about that because even though I don't think any comments I make about that would be seen by anyone at work, you just never know with these darn "internets" (ha!). I think things will be OK though. Our boss will be someone we already know in the Philly office. It's just that things are changing so much, it's hard to keep up. The other annoying thing is that because of the 4 people leaving the group, the work will have to be re-distributed. I will end up handing over all my studies to someone else and taking on a whole new group of studies that I know nothing about. This happened just 5 months ago. It means gathering information, organizing my entire workload and working with new study teams all over again. But I guess I can't complain - I still have my job and my medical insurance, which is quite important at the moment, of course.

I wasn't motivated at all this morning to get out and get going, although I knew I really needed to go to the pool and swim a few laps and soak in the hot tub and sauna. It always helps my sore muscles, and I feel so much better after going. But it took me most of the morning to get there. First I sat in the sun on the deck for a while and drank tea and ate breakfast. I also watched a few more episodes of Desperate Housewives. Then I put on eyebrows and makeup and my wig and got passport photos taken so I can renew my passport for the cruise. I went to Whole Foods and got some vitamins and "healthy" things to try and build my energy back up.

Then I bought a couple of books by Eckhart Tolle that I've been wanting to read - "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth - Awakening To Your Life's Purpose" I'm also going to watch the webcasts that Oprah is putting on with Tolle, and he is going over The New Earth, chapter by chapter, every Monday at 9pm. A friend of mine really liked "The Power of Now". Hopefully I can read a little of each of them this weekend. Tonight I'm going to watch the video, "Into the Wild", which I've heard is really good....based on a true story of a guy who goes to live in the wilds of Alaska. I think he dies, so I'm guessing it's sad. Tomorrow we'll go out to dinner and a movie - can't remember the name, but I think it's a new chick flick.

No comments: