Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Homecoming

Matthew comes home today!!! His flight is due to arrive this afternoon around 2pm. I'm so glad he lived through his study abroad in Africa, and I mean that literally. He is alive, and although not completely well, that is enough for which to be thankful. He's lived through malaria, amebiasis, traveler's diarrhea, and most recently some kind of stomach infection. He will go and get a checkup with the doctor tomorrow, and hopefully will be on the road to good health soon. I hope despite all the sickness, he gained something good from the experience. It will be wonderful to have the whole family together again - the only Christmas gift I really want.

I've been trying to get the house cleaned up and decorated, but there's nowhere to put all the boxes and STUFF in this small house. Oh well, it adds to the festivity, I hope! I've pretty much done my Christmas shopping, such as it is. I tried to keep within a tight budget, and I think I succeeded. I got a lot fewer gifts this year, and I hope those people who didn't get one won't be too offended, but one can only do what one can do! We all have so much anyway, all we really need is to know is that we are loved and thought of by friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! i wanna see fusu!