Shame on me for waiting so long to blog about becoming a grandmother! I'm getting old and tired, but also am not really committed to writing this blog, especially since probably only very few people read it, and most of them are my own family...so I figure I can just TALK to them instead of writing. Plus, it has been a really busy time.
Since my daughter described her birth story in great detail, I won't try to repeat that, but I will say that I was so proud of her strength and resilience in dealing with all the obstacles she had to overcome during her pregnancy and childbirth. She has also had a lot to deal with since the birth, but it looks to me that Tess's health problems seem to be stabilizing. She spent her first full day with me while her mommy went back to work for the first time since she was born about two months ago.
I am happy (and relieved) to say that Tess did great today - hardly cried, smiled, slept, ate, peed and pooped...all the things that babies her age do! We went on stroller rides, baby carrier rides, and she sat quite happily in the swing for short periods. She is so adorable, and I took a few pics so her mommy and daddy could see some of what her day was like. Her jovial Uncle K. (who was in town to visit family and friends and to see her) spent the morning with us, and he helped out a bit and got some big baby smiles.
Here she is being fascinated for a few moments with the swing mobile:
Being a baby is Sooooo tiring!
No comments:
Post a Comment