Even though I was exhausted from it last weekend and am just recovering this week, I have to say that I had a lot of fun planning the baby shower. I made several trips to the Party Store and grocery store, and enjoyed shopping for invitations, decorations, party favors and baby gifts and also shopping online for a special gift for the Daddy-to-be. It's been so long since I've had a group of people over to the house, it seemed like quite an undertaking. I made long lists and went back and forth in my mind over the details, like what kind of food and drink to have and whether I would make it myself or order it from various places. I ended up doing a bit of both. There was a lot of food left over (especially the 7 layer salad from K&W and the hot cider in the crock pot, which I think were barely touched), but I'd rather have had too much to eat and drink than not enough. The punch had an unexpected brown muddy look which was not at all appetizing, but it had orange sherbet on top, and several people said it tasted really good. I think I need a lot more practice to pull off a "perfect party"!
Things became difficult to plan because the number of guests kept changing and we didn't know if there would be children attending or not. The shower location was also an issue, and when it was decided that it would be held here at home, I had a lot of cleaning and de-cluttering to do to make the house presentable...then after all that, we ended up outside on the back deck (which was lovely since it was fairly warm and sunny after being so cold lately) -- but also ironic in that it was about the only place I decided to leave messy, figuring that it would be cold, and we'd need to be inside! I was glad to have good neighbors and friends who swept up the leaves, contributed quiches and chairs to the event, and it was wonderful to see out-of-town guests make the trip.
Baby K certainly has a lot of family and friends eagerly and happily awaiting her arrival, and the fact that I will soon be a grandmother to a sweet baby girl is finally sinking in. What a great adventure! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment