Chemo #3 went fine - I had to get my blood drawn twice (from the intravenous chest port) since the first sample had something wrong with it - It showed my platelet count to be almost non-existent, and it has been normal all along. The second sample showed it to be in the normal range. There were a few "iffy" moments when it looked as if the blood did not want to come out of the port and I took deep breaths and assumed odd positions, and we wiggled the needle around (no pain involved as the numbing medicine was working just fine).
I actually got to see the doctor at this visit instead of one of the Physician's Assistants - not that I haven't appreciated the care I've gotten from the PA's, but it was good to have the chance to talk with the doctor again. He said I was doing well, "thriving" as he put it....and he was very pleased with my progress. He did prescribe a subcutaneous injection to boost my RED cell count today, as I'm a bit anemic (no wonder I've been more tired lately!) One of my favorite nurses gave me my medicine - I found out that she likes to play soccer too, but hasn't had a chance to play since college, and I gave her info on Rainbow Soccer. She got married recently and will be attending 8 (count 'em, eight!) other wedddings this year! Those TwentySomethings are a busy and interesting lot! : )
Speaking of TwentySomethngs....after the chemo I met A and E for a late lunch (soup) in Chapel Hill and walked around the mall with them for a litte bit. It was good to see them again and I'm looking forward to visiting their new digs sometime soon.
I haven't noticed much nausea so far, and I put the tiny scopolamine patch behind my ear (as prescribed) about four hours ago -- It hasn't caused me to turn into a pumpkin or a frog....or even made me the slightest bit drowsy, so that's good news.
I enjoyed watching ER and didn't doze off in the middle of it. But I just took something for insomnia, because it's almost 1 a.m. and I'm showing no signs of sleepiness. (p.s. this blog does not seem to post the correct time). I'm hoping for a good night's sleep, sleeping late, and having a relaxing day off work tomorrow, except for the "shot" clinic in the afternoon.
All in all, I'd say it's been a pretty good day.
1 comment:
we enjoyed lunch with you and as soon as the place is actually set up, we definitely want you over to see it!
i'm proud of you through this process, and so is andrew!!!
you can set the time clock by what timezone you're in... i think you have to find it somewhere in the settings.
Post a Comment