Wednesday, October 3, 2007

4:20 a.m. A Fine Time to Blog

I don't know if I'm doing this right, but here goes. Now is the time for all insomniacs to blog....because what else is there to do besides drink warm milk at this time of ???day??? It's pitch black outside and I'm wide awake, knowing that I will be off to work in a few hours and ready to take a nap by the time I get there.
I have enjoyed reading E and A's blog so much, why not join the fun? Although I doubt I will have anything too interesting for the world at large to read. This window into my mind may just be the thing to prove that there's not a whole lot inside....he he he he. At least not at 4 in the morning.
I am finally feeling close to normal after my last chemo cycle. Tomorrow I'll go get my "tummy shot" to boost my white count. The other day both a friend of mine AND my sister took time out of their busy schedules and came by to visit me at home at lunch time. My friend brought black bean salad and egg custard (my FAVORITE) and my sister bought me a "headhugger" hat for my bald pate. It was so sweet and wonderful of them to do that - It really made by day.
If nothing else, this experience with cancer is showing me how loving and caring people can be and how every kindness we show each other is never lost, but lives on in each other to prompt us to do the same for another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! mommy blogs too!