After graduation, he was on his way to Hawaii to sing with his Glee Club - Lucky guy!!!! (He took Voice lessons in college, too)
So...the rest of the family went on a cruise to Catalina Island, California. We were supposed to go to Ensenada, Mexico, too, but couldn't because of the stupid Swine Flu outbreaks....possibly also due to the intelligent swine as well...he he he.
This is a photo of the cruise ship taken at the Long Beach port where we had to wait for a really long time to board....
I'm not sure whether I should post the best photo I have of Catalina Island. It's so beautiful that I'd like to enter it into some kind of Photography contest. At any rate, I hesitate to post it since I really don't know if copyright laws would protect it. From what I read online, it's probably OK, but I'll post alternate shots of some of the scenery on the island instead. This is a view from one of the streets near the dock:
There were ornate tiles and artwork on some of the buildings:
This is a view from our little tender boat near the Catalina dock taken before landing on the island:
We went kayaking near the shore and had a great time. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up due to my lack of upper body strength, but I did just fine, and didn't even get very sore afterwards. I'm guessing that was probably due to my hubby doing most of the heavy rowing : )
We were amazed when, during a "rest stop" a cute little baby sea lion hopped up onto the end of our tour guide's kayak for a few seconds -- he said that was the first time something like that had happened in all the years that he has been leading kayak excursions.
It was really hard to come home after being so pampered - being entertained, relaxing on the ocean in the sun, being served delicious meals and desserts day and night, and enjoying the company of all of my wonderful family for a whole week...and, of course, the piece de resitance -- having your bed made, turned down and decorated with chocolates and "towel" creatures every night:
AHH, that's the life!!!
1 comment:
blog again already! don't make us wait another 6 months :-P
Post a Comment