So far, my activities (or lack of them) today must be what I imagine it feels like to be retired, or like what a wealthy non-working person might do! I slept late and had a cup of tea on the deck. Afterwards, I registered for the Fun Pass for the upcoming cruise and checked out the shore excursions.
Then I went for walk on the Meadowmont walking trails - The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and people were walking their dogs -- an absolutely gorgeous day full of Carolina blue skies. It's so warm today that it feels like summer already, and I had to be careful to cover up the radiation burns on my right side. Then I put my feet up and and read the paper while sitting outside eating a spinach and shrimp salad at La Russa's. Boy, I sure could get used to days like this!!!
I'll be gradually easing back into working after the 14th, but I'm savoring the last few days of "freedom" - of not having to sit at a computer inside in a cubicle all day long. Ugh, I don't even want to think about it! So I won't until I have to! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment