Monday, February 18, 2008

Doctor's office - on a grumpy day

I am so sick of doctor's offices, hospitals and any kind of health care setting I could just SCREAM. I'm tired of waiting endless amounts of time for someone to spend 5 hurried minutes with me or to stick a needle in my arm. I'm tired of the clerks, the paperwork, the appointments and the entire bureaucracy.

Why this sudden frustration? I think it's been building over the past year, and I am no longer "patient". No wonder people just ignore their problems rather than go to see a doctor. I know I should be thankful that I have such competent and pleasant doctors -- and I am. I am thankful I live in an area that is medically advanced. I'm just not thankful about hanging around like a piece of furniture until it's my turn.

I guess I'm grumpy today. ..probably because my muscles have been sore and stiff for two weeks, and my eyes have been tearing for the past six weeks like a water faucet left to drip. Soon I'll be issued a citation for failing to conserve water. The doctor assured me this too shall pass in a few weeks and gave me a recommendation for a different kind of eyedrop, so I guess, after all, I WILL have to be "PATIENT". Bummer.

Signed: Not wanting to be PATIENT (literally or figuratively) anymore.

1 comment:

ek said...

"Soon I'll be issued a citation for failing to conserve water."

haha i'm sure you will! dang water nazi's.

love you mom!